Friday 1 March 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection

Real Techniques Core Collection £21.99

The Real Techniques brushes have been out in the market for a quite a while now and the hype around it remains as every blogger and youtuber continue to talk and rave about them. I have never really been a brushes type of girl as I have always relied on my fingers to apply my foundation and a cheap brush to apply powder and blush. However, seeing as I've started to get more and more interested in makeup, I thought, "You know what, why the heck not? Everyone seems to love them." So yea, a few months ago, I curved and bought the core collection!

One that has stood out the most within the collection is the buffing brush. A lot of people find it a bit annoying that you can only get it if you buy the entire set but I didn't mind. For what it's worth, you get three extra brushes which may or may not work for you. Personally, I use the buffing brush for applying foundation and I love it! Having used it for the last three months, I don't think I'd ever wanna use my fingers again. Aha! It works really well in terms of blending the foundation onto the skin, therefore allowing you to achieve a flawless base. 

On the other hand, I use the contour brush for the exact purpose it's labelled as, contouring! It's great, and blends in the product well. I also use it to apply my blush and set my concealer. Speaking of which, I sometimes use the foundation brush to blend my concealer in. It's okay, does the job but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's great or anything. I can see how it can be used for foundation but I personally think it's too small and could apply streaky. Besides, I really just don't have the time or patience to even bother testing it out. So yea, I basically just use it for my concealer. Lastly, the detailer brush which I use on days when I fill in my brows with powder. Overall, it does a really good job and it's easy to use too. I believe, you can also use it to apply lip products but I haven't tried that myself to say whether it works or not. 

As far as the entire collection goes, I would rate the buffing brush as the one I get the most use out of. Contour brush second, detailer brush third and the foundation brush I can easily live without. Having said that, I think it's a really good affordable set especially for beginners like myself. And believe me when I say that the buffing brush does not disappoint! x

10 comments:

  1. I got these last summer and it's such a great collection and i just bought the powder brush which is pretty good too! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look lovely!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, I need to get some new ones!!! Come visit my blog sometime :)

    xo Emma
    www.fromcitytocity-emm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely blog and very neat photos :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with these brushes! I'm glad you love them too :)

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried these brushes before, I really want to.
    Thanks for the review!
    Love your blog, I'm a new follower :)

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just got a few of these brushes and am convertated - I love them x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice set! I'd like to test them as well.
    You've got a pretty adorable blog btw.

    Keep bloggin'
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love them,.. if you like check ou my blogg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah i really want to try these out, they're constantly raved about!
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...